- Claimant completes HFS 94, Funeral and Burial Reimbursement Claim.
- Have claimant verify they have paid funeral and burial expenses in an amount equal to or greater than the amount of the claim.
- Approve reimbursement, if eligible, for the lesser of:
- the amount of the claim, or
- the maximum paid by the Department for funeral and burial expenses after subtracting:
- the amount available from the deceased's resources,
- the amount paid or arranged to be paid by the deceased's legally responsible relative, and
- proceeds of life insurance on the deceased and received by the claimant.
NOTE: Do not approve payment for unusual services or merchandise for reimbursement.