For receipt of the Department's payment, the funeral home must provide the following services:
- prepare and preserve the body;
- provide a casket, outside box, or urn if needed;
- transport the body by means common to that area;
- provide the usual services of the funeral home;
- arrange for religious services, if requested;
- provide the proper burial clothing, if needed; and
- provide grave services if that is the custom.
NOTE: For cremations, the Department does not require a funeral director to provide a casket and preparation and preservation of the body to receive payment for services. A casket and preparation and preservation of the
body are to be provided if required due to the type of service.