Funeral homes and cemetery associations must submit separate claims. These claims must have itemized, dated receipts, or statements showing payment of all expenses.
- (Vendor) Completes HFS 29, Funeral or Burial Claim Form.
NOTE: If the claim is for expenses for the disposal of limb(s), notes that fact in Item 17.
- Sends HFS 29 to FCRC.
- (FCRC) Review accuracy of HFS 29 and check timeliness.
- (FCRC) Send HFS 29 to Funeral and Burial Unit, Springfield, if timely and complete.
If the claim is denied or amended by FCRC:
- (FCRC) Complete 3 copies HFS 1959, Funeral/Burial Payment Request Notice.
- Enter the reason for denial or amendment of the request or claim.
- (FCRC) 2. Send the original HFS 1959 to the person requesting payment.
- Send a copy to the Funeral and Burial Unit, Springfield.
- File the 2nd copy in the case record.