- (FRC) Reviews the Client Database to see if the check was voided. Pass through payments are identified on the Recipient Ledger Inquiry (PF5/F6) by a TA 99, TAR 00, and Reason Code 609.
- (FRC) Asks the client to sign the following if the check is not voided:
- 4 copies of Form 98, Stop Payment & Recovery Agreement, and
- 8 copies of Form 1403, Signature Exemplar.
NOTE: Original signatures are required on all forms. Never send copies of any of these signed forms to DHS Expenditure Control Unit.
Lost or Stolen Check
- (Client) Reports Pass Through check lost or stolen.
NOTE: Action cannot be taken until 10 postal workdays after the benefit's mailing date.
- (FRC) Completes blank Form 552:
- (FCRC) Complete 4 copies of Form 98 and 8 copies of Form 1403.
- Have client sign 4 copies of Form 98 and 8 copies of Form 1403.
- (FCRC) Send Form 552 with 4 copies of Form 98 and 8 copies of Form 1403 to the Expenditure Control Unit (ECU).
- (ECU) Approves replacing the check if it was not cashed or the endorsement signature was not genuine. Sends Form 552 to Exception Processing Unit.
- (ECU) Notifies the FRC of the replacement.
Voided Mailed Checks
- (Comptroller) Sends Notice of Returned Pass Through Warrant (Form 2672) to Expenditure Control Unit (ECU).
- (ECU) Sends Form 2672 to FRC through LWU.
- (FRC) Completes Form 552.
- (FRC) Attaches Form 2672.
- Sends Form 552 and Form 2672 to ECU.