Lost, Stolen, or Not Received
- (Client) Reports check and/or Medical Card lost, stolen, or not received.
NOTE: Action cannot be taken until 3 postal workdays after the benefit's mailing date.
- (FCRC) For checks, complete Stop Payment and Recovery Agreement (Form 98).
NOTE: For supportive service checks, state that the missing check is a supportive service payment.
- (Client) For checks, completes and signs 4 copies of Form 98. These forms should be completed and signed the day the check is reported missing, but no later than the following workday. Original signatures are required, copies of the client's signature are not acceptable.
- (FCRC) Complete blank Form 552:
- Item 1 -Enter the complete case ID number for the original check, even if the replacement is going to a different payee.
- Item 2 -Enter the effective date (MMYY) of the check being replaced.
- Item 3 -Enter 55.
- Item 4 -Enter 2 for Cash or leave blank for Medical.
- Items 5 - 7 -Complete.
- Items 8 - 10 -Enter the name and address as currently shown in the Client Database. If the name or address has changed recently, the change must be made on the regular rolls before submitting Form 552 for the replacement.
- Item 33 -Enter the correct code:
- 00 -Lost or stolen IM check only,
- 01 -Lost or stolen IM check and Medical Card, or
- 03 -Reissue Medical Card only.
- NOTE: For Medical, a TAR is not needed.
- Item 38 -Enter the total amount of the replacement check. This amount cannot be more than the original check. Do not complete for Medical Card only.
- REMARKS -Enter - Stop placed via Form 98.
- Item 40 -Enter the check number, mailing date, and the amount of the original check.
- Item 77 -For Cash cases, enter the beginning medical eligibility date (MMDDYY) as it appeared on the Medical Card being replaced (Item 33 coded 01). Leave blank for Medical cases.
- Item 80 -For TANF, enter 120 and the amount of the original check. Enter the Item 80 codes used in the original check for any special needs items. The total of the amounts entered in Item 80 must equal the amount entered in Item 38.
- (FCRC) Send all 4 copies of the signed Form 98 and one copy of Form 552 to Local Warrant Unit (LWU).
- (FCRC) Completes When Aid Will Be Received (Form 3438), if a check is being replaced and the client asks for written proof of the amount of the check and when it will be received.
- (LWU) Processes the replacement of an IM or supportive service check.
- (LWU) Routes 3 copies of the Form 98 to the Warrant Control Unit (WCU), Springfield.
- (LWU) Copy to LWU files.
Rewrite a voided check only if it is for $1 or more. A check may be rewritten, to the same payee, for a larger amount than the original check only if the increase is because of budgeting earned income. The amount of the new check cannot be more than the voided check if it is being issued to a different payee. .
- (FCRC) Complete a blank Form 552:
- Item 1 -Complete.
- Item 2 -Enter the effective date (MMYY) of the voided check.
- Item 3 -Enter 55.
- Item 4 -Enter 2 for Cash.
- Items 5 & 6 -Complete.
- Items 8 - 10 -For the same payee, enter the name and address as it appears in the Client Database. If the name or address has recently changed, the change must be processed before the check can be replaced.
- For a different payee, enter the name and address of the different payee. The Client Database must be updated to show the name and address of the different payee.
- Item 33 -Enter the code 02 -Voided check only.
- Item 37-Complete using matchability from original check.
- Item 38 -Enter the total amount of the replacement check being requested.
- REMARKS-For the same payee, enter - Check voided by PA-5, Form 119, Form 305, or Form 1405 as correct.
- For a different payee, enter - Different Payee. Show form used to void the benefits as for the same payee.
- It is important the entry in REMARKS show the correct form used to void the check. Other entries are not accepted.
- Item 40 -Enter the check number, mailing date, and the amount of the voided check.
- Item 80 -Enter code 120 to identify the Payment Level amount. For Supportive Service checks, FSE&T, and other checks with special needs items, enter the Item 80 code(s) used when the original check was approved. the total of the amounts in Item 80 must equal the amount in Item 38.
- (FCRC) Send Form 552 to LWU to verify voided benefits.
NOTE: For transferred cases that have been changed to the new FCRC payroll, send the completed Form 552 to the Exception Processing Unit.