(Client) Contacts the Illinois Link Help Line at 1-800-678-LINK (5465) or the Link Card website at www.link.illinois.gov to request a replacement card. Customers ordering a replacement card from the Link Help Line must know their PIN.
Those who call the Link Helpline to request a replacement card will be asked if their address is correct. If the address is not correct, they will be directed to a customer service agent to change their address in EPPIC so the replacement card is mailed to the correct address.
In the rare instances that the FCRC replace the card as defined in PM 22-01-01-d:
- (FCRC) Check IPACS to get the Illinois Link account number. The Illinois Link account number or the client's Social Security Number (SSN) is needed to issue the Illinois Link card. If the Grantee does not have an SSN, then the LINK account uses the SSN of the oldest member of the case that has an SSN.
- (FCRC)Verify identity. If the customer has an ID card that has their photo on it, (e.g., driver's license, Illinois ID card, credit card, student ID), no other proof is needed. The customer should provide two proofs of identity if their photo is not included. Acceptable proofs of identity include:
- birth record
- driver's license
- work or school ID
- wage stub
- library card
- military record
- social security card
- insurance policy
- prison - court record
- state-issued ID
- voter registration card
- clinic card - medical record
- firearms ID card.
- (FCRC) Complete Illinois Link Card Issuance Form (Form 3658). The customer signs Form 3658 when they are issued the card in the FCRC. Do not require the customer to sign Form 3658 when the Illinois Link card is mailed to the customer by the FCRC.
- (FCRC) It's not always necessary to issue a PIN when issuing a replacement card. (See WAG 22-01-01-e).
- (FCRC) Assign the next sequential card number listed on card log sheet 'Card and PIN/PCN Issuance' (pdf). Check the 'Initial Issuance' column or 'Replacement' column. If a PIN packet is being issued with a Link card, enter the PCN number of the PIN packet in the 'PCN or CSP' column.
- (FCRC) Attach original Form 3658 to the card log sheet 'Card and PIN/PCN Issuance'.
Card Log Sheet
The card log sheet 'Card and PIN/PCN Issuance' (pdf) is provided by the EBT contractor with each shipment of Link cards. Each card log sheet contains 20 Personal Account Numbers (PAN's), commonly called Link card numbers. As each card is assigned, complete information for the card and attach the corresponding Form 3658.
The log sheet with the attached Form(s) 3658 must be retained for a full 5 years. Retain in the EBT file for 2 years. After 2 years, send to Business Services, Records Administration.
Replacing Undeliverable Link Cards
When customers whose cards are Undeliverable call the Illinois Link Help Line, they are directed to a customer service representative who will verify current information and change the address.
A daily file of card mailings returned as undeliverable is available in Mobius by accessing report #EBTR4101. The report is available for staff to use when a customer reports a problem with the receipt of a card. If a card was mailed to the correct address but still came back as undeliverable, instruct the customer to check with the U.S. Post Office to ensure their name is registered to the address. In emergency situations, FCRC staff should issue the replacement card.
FCRC staff should never select Undeliverable when entering the status of a card in the EPPIC system. If Undeliverable is selected, the customer will not be able to replace the card or complete any transactions using the Illinois Link Help Line or Link Card website, instead they will receive a message that tells them to contact their Family Community Resource Center. When staff change an address in EPPIC, the address change will pass to the client database (CDB) two days later. When staff update name, date of birth, or social security number in EPPIC, they must also process the change of name, date of birth, or social security number in the CDB. Changes in name, date of birth, or social security number do not update the CDB.
Households Who Receive an Excessive Number of Replacements
Customers who receive four replacements of Link cards within a twelve month period will be sent Notice About Excessive Link Card Replacements (Form 277). The form will not be sent again for at least twelve months, but the household will be referred to the Bureau of Investigations if they receive another replacement.
Mobius Report 3BPFWP71 will contain a listing of households that were sent form 277. Mobius Report 3BPFWP81 will contain a listing of cases referred to the Bureau of Investigations.