The FCRCs in the following counties operate a mandatory SNAP Employment and Training Program.
Cook -SNAP Employment and Training FCRC
- FCRC codes a 9 in Item 73 to register nonexempt clients and a 7 in Item 69 to register E & T Volunteers.
- (Cook SNAP E & T FCRC) In the City of Chicago, E & T Volunteers and nonexempt adult only Category 08 cases or 94 cases coded with a K in Item 25 are handled by the SNAP E & T office. These cases appear on the SNAP E & T Caseload Master Listing report (#50487771) so the SNAP E & T FCRC (223) knows to work with the client.
- (Downstate FCRCs) E & T Volunteers and nonexempt adult only Category 08 cases or 94 cases coded with a K in Item 25 are handled by the FCRC.
- (Downstate and SNAP E & T FCRC or Provider) Authorize payments for transportation, education expenses, required supplies, and job retention supports to the SNAP E & T client.
- (Downstate and SNAP E & T FCRC) After conciliation, take action to sanction a noncooperative client who does not have good cause. Earnfare participants may not be sanctioned (PM 21-06-07-f). If a sanction occurs, refer the next nonexempt person to fill the vacant slot. Ensure that all slots are filled to compacity each month.