The FCRCs in the following counties operate a mandatory SNAP Employment and Training Program.
Cook -SNAP Employment and Training FCRC
- (FCRC) In the City of Chicago, SNAP Only (Category 08) cases for nonexempt clients are handled by the SNAP E&T office.
- After the application is approved, the Family Community Resource Center should transfer the case to the SNAP E&T Family Community Resource Center.
- Volunteers are handled by the FCRC.
- (FCRC or Provider) Authorize payments for transportation, education expenses, required supplies, and job retention supports to the SNAP E&T client.
- (FCRC) After conciliation, take action to sanction a noncooperative client who does not have good cause. Earnfare participants may not be sanctioned (PM 21-06-07-f). If a sanction occurs, refer the next nonexempt person to fill the vacant slot. Ensure that all slots are filled to compacity each month.