A client may participate in Job Skills Training when:
- The client is in an 04 case and is working or in another work activity at least 20 hours per week.
The client is in an 06 case and is working or in another work activity at least 30 hours per week.
- The client needs additional training to qualify for or to retain employment in a recognized occupation which will make the family self-supporting.
- The client has a GED or high school diploma, if it is required for training or employment in the chosen field.
- The client has the ability and interest needed for success in the training. This is determined by test results, educational/training background, and talking to the client.
- Jobs are available in the chosen field where the client intends to work. Use published job market data, such as Horizons, to determine availability.