Once proof is obtained, hold a Multi-disciplinary Staffing (MDS) as soon as possible after the proof of domestic or sexual violence is submitted (see PM 19-02-07-c). The purpose of the MDS is to:
- review the evidence of domestic or sexual violence and all available information about the client or applicant,
- identify service needs,
- develop options to include in the RSP,
- review the need for additional referrals or referral actions, and
- decide if the person is eligible for a Family Violence Exclusion.
The following persons always participate in the MDS:
- LOA (or designee);
- the caseworker's supervisor; and
- a domestic or sexual violence consultant.
Other professionals or specialists may be included as needed.
Notice of Decision on Family Violence Exclusion
Notify the applicant or client of the approval or denial of the request for a Family Violence Exclusion.