Report overpaid SNAP as an agency error (AE) when any portion of a month's overpayment happened because the Department took an incorrect action. Call it an AE even in a month where the overpayment was due to both agency and client error. An agency error may result from:
- not acting on a reported change; or
- incorrectly figuring the SNAP unit's benefit amount; or
- issuing duplicate benefits; or
- continuing to issue SNAP to a SNAP unit whose approval period ended.
Also report an AE when the overpayment occurred because the SNAP unit did not understand their rights or what to report because of:
- a language barrier; or
- a reading or understanding problem due to illiteracy