The Financial Recovery Coordinator (FRC) tracks and controls financial recoveries. FRC duties include:
- Serves as Family Community Resource Center liaison to:
- Division of Child Support Enforcement,
- Bureau of Investigations,
- Bureau of Quality Control,
- Bureau of Collections, and
- Bureau of Research and Analysis.
- Acts as a resource for Family Community Resource Center collection activities including:
- child support,
- responsible relative,
- suspected intentional program violation,
- personal injury,
- estates, and
- third party liability.
- Controls Family Community Resource Center activities identifying, verifying, and figuring overpayments, including monitoring all referrals from the bureaus of Collections, Investigations, Quality Control, Child Support Enforcement, and Research and Analysis.
- Ensures all collection documents and forms are completed, timely, and processed through the Automated Case Management System (ACM), when needed.
- Coordinates gathering documents and case records for criminal or civil cases. Works with the Bureau of Investigations, the Illinois State Police, and the Attorney General.
- Evaluates Family Community Resource Center productivity, quality, and timeliness, of all collections and investigations.
- Receives and analyzes "Exception Reports" from BOC. Takes action to make corrections.
NOTE: The report identifies all adjustments to the monthly recoupable amount and/or recoupment balance amount. It identifies problems or trends of incorrect adjustments made at the Family Community Resource Center.
Ask for assistance from the FRC for cases:
- Canceled because of client noncooperation and verifications are needed to prove past known or suspected overpayments and the verifications have been requested by the Family Community Resource Center.
- Canceled at client's request and past unreported income/assets/household composition change is known/suspected and verifications have been requested by the Family Community Resource Center.
- Canceled for receipt of UI benefits and receipt of past unreported UI benefits is known or suspected and verifications have been requested by the Family Community Resource Center.
- Canceled for receipt of earned income and receipt of past unreported earnings is known or suspected and the employer has been contacted by the Family Community Resource Center, but the employer does not initially cooperate.
- Where the overpayment period is over 15 months old and the information is not available in the case record.
NOTE: Payments 15 months or less are available via the Recipient Ledger-PF6 on the VDT.