To compute the Initial Prorated Entitlement (IPE), complete the Form 552:
- Item 1 - (TANF) Complete if changing category between 04 and 06.
- Item 2 - Enter effective month, day, and year that identifies the first day of the period covered by the IPE.
The IPE period is the number of days from the 6-digit beginning eligibility date entered on Item 2 through the day before the first day of the fiscal month for the first regular roll authorization.
If the person is not eligible for an IPE, enter the effective month and year of eligibility for the first regular roll authorization action (see WAG
(System) Computes the number of days in IPE period and authorizes the correct IPE amount if there is a 6-digit date and no Item 80 code 100 (if the unit is eligible for an increase in the Payment
Suppresses the IPE if the unit is not eligible for an increase, unless code 100 is entered in Item 80.
- Item 3 - Enter TA 34 if category remains the same. Enter TA 42 if changing category between 04 and 06.
- Item 4 - Enter 1.
- Item 5 - Complete.
- Item 6 - Complete (caseworker initials).
- Items 8-21 - Complete.
- Items 22-23 - Update Item 22. Update Item 23 to add person to FS Unit.
- Item 28 - (TANF) Complete when applicable.
- Item 33 - (TANF) Enter 00.
- REMARKS - If the person being added previously received aid under a different case number, enter the former number(s).
- Item 44 - (TANF) Complete.
- Items 50-52 - Complete if applicable.
- Items 60-74 - Complete. Enter the previous RIN of the person(s) being added to the benefit unit before the SSN. Enter the correct IV-D coding for children.
- For TANF/FS Units, add the person to the FS case for the next payment month that can be affected. Do not require the completion of Form 3168, or enrollment in the EAB program, or ask the client to go to the SSA office before adding a
- NOTE: The completion and delivery of Form 3168 to the SSA office or enrollment in the EAB program as a part of the TANF request meets Food Stamp enumeration requirements. The unit remains eligible
pending the completion of Form 3168.
- Item 77 - When a person, other than a person required to be included in the unit, is added to TANF Cash or Medical, always backdate medical up to 3 months from the month Form 243 is received in
the Family Community Resource Center, if eligible. For filing unit members, backdate to the date the person was required to be included.
- Backdate even if the caretaker relative does not request it or claims the person did not receive medical services during the backdate period (see PM
17-02-05). Do not backdate medical for any month before the month of birth.
- Item 78 - (TANF) Enter a dash for an adult. Enter a dash for a child when the benefit unit is eligible for an increase in the Payment Level. Enter code C for a child when the benefit
unit is ineligible for an increase in the Payment Level.
- Item 79 - Enter the TPL Resource Code.
- Item 80 - Enter code 100 and the prorated amount when an exception to central prorate is required. Enter them when the person being added has budgetable income. Do not enter code 100 if the system is to
calculate the IPE. Enter any regular monthly special needs items being authorized for the person(s) being added.
- Item 90 - If the benefit amount is not reduced below the previous level, enter any new or changed monthly income to be budgeted.
(FCRC) If budgeting income causes a benefit reduction, make the Item 90 changes in a separate action for the same effective month. Use TA 31 in Item 2 and the correct TAR in Item 33 to generate the
correct central notice.
(System) Produces a MediPlan Card for the IPE period only for the person added to the benefit unit and mails it to the client's home.
The person(s) is added to the benefit unit for the first scheduled regular roll processing.