The following receive medical benefits:
- Customers who receive AABD Cash or TANF benefits.
- Customers who receive Medical Only, without a spenddown or once the spenddown has been met.
- Children under age 21 who receive Foster Care/Adoption Care assistance. These children are the responsibility of either the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) or the Department of Corrections (DOC). This program is administered by DCFS.
- Children from other states who live in Illinois. These children are determined eligible for Title IV-E (foster care/adoption assistance) by another state. These cases are handled centrally by the Bureau of Local Office Transaction & Support Services (Office #238).
- Customers who receive a medical extension.