Face-to-face EZ REDEs are included on the revised "SNAP Units Receiving Form 1893 or Form 4893, see Mobius Report #84660992. EZ REDE cases are identified on the list by "YES" entered under the EZ REDE column.
NOTE: For any REDE that is not completed using same day processing, register the REDE application; see WAG 19-03-03.
For local offices that choose to schedule interviews, do the following:
- Schedule an interview with the client using the Instructions to Client (Form 1721). Do not schedule an office interview if Form 4893 is sent and the customer qualifies to use the Phone System Interview, unless the period has ended and a PSI was not completed. Include Form 4765 and Attachment to Redetermination Application (Form 4765B) with Form 1721, as the REDE application.
- Process the SNAP REDE using normal procedures; see PM 19-03-03 and WAG 19-03-03. For the TANF REDE, see PM 19-02-01 and WAG 19-02-01.
For local offices that wait for the client to respond to the Form 4893, take the following actions:
- Schedule an interview when the client contacts the local office, or complete the interview if the client comes into the local office. Use Instructions to Client (Form 1721) to confirm a scheduled interview.
- When the client comes to the interview, have them complete Form 4765 and give them Form 4765B.
- If the client comes to the office without scheduling an interview, have them complete Form 4765, and give them Form 1721 to request the needed pay stubs. Explain to the client that pay stubs from the last 30 days are needed, and to return the needed stubs within 10 days.
- Once all required information is received, process the SNAP REDE using normal procedures; see PM 19-03-03 and WAG 19-03-03. Determine eligibility and benefit amount using the income from the last 30 days, see WAG 13-02-03. For the TANF REDE, see PM 19-02-01 and WAG 19-02-01. If a case receives FHP, and countable income is less than 133% of the FPL, code the case that a REDE was completed. Take appropriate action on any adults in the case.
For SNAP, if the unit does not contact the local office, take no action and let the approval period expire.
For TANF, if the client does not contact the local office, send the client Form 1721 scheduling an office interview. Schedule an office interview that does not interfere with the client's work schedule. Use the following to determine when to send Form 1721 to schedule the interview.
- For Groups 01 through 05, wait until the first calendar day of the last month of the SNAP approval period (the date in Item 24).
Example: A Group 1 client has a date of 10/09 in Item 24. Form 1893 is sent to the client approximately 09/01/09. Wait until 10/01/09 to hear from the client. If the client has not called for an interview, send the client Form 1721 scheduling an interview.
- For Groups 06 through 09, wait until the 15th of the calendar month of the last month of the SNAP approval period (the date in Item 24).
Example: A Group 07 client has a date of 10/09 in Item 24. Form 1893 is sent to the client approximately 09/15/09. Wait until 10/15/09 to hear from the client. If the client has not called for an interview, send the client Form 1721 scheduling an interview.