An EZ REDE Unit is a regular roll Category 08 SNAP Only case, any Family Medical (Category 94/96) case with SNAP benefits, or any case with SNAP benefits in any Category with earned income, or a TANF case with earned income.
The following SNAP Units are excluded from EZ REDE:
- any AABD Cash/Medical case, unless a non-AABD component member has earnings, or
- any 08 case that has a member subject to the SNAP work requirement and lives in an area that is non-exempt. Because the entire state is currently exempt from the SNAP Work Requirement, this exclusion does not apply, see WAG 03-25-01.
For TANF case is in EZ REDE status if the case has:
- budgetable earned income;
- a person not in the case who has earned income that must be budgeted against the TANF case. This includes cases that have the following budgeted:
- income of an excluded spouse,
- parental liability, and/or
- earned income of an ineligible responsible relative.
A case is in EZ REDE status from the date of approval.
An active cash case is converted to EZ REDE status when earned income is budgeted on the regular roll and when EZ REDE status is coded in Item 36. A cash case with SNAP benefits is in EZ REDE status until the first REDE where no earned income is budgeted; see PM 19-07-03 /WAG 19-07-03.
A Category 08 stays in EZ REDE status until a unit member has to meet the SNAP Work Requirement and lives in an area that is non-exempt. Because the entire state is currently exempt from the SNAP Work Requirement, this does not currently apply, see WAG 03-25-01.