When a REDE application is filed after the end of the SNAP approval period:
- Register the application effective for the date the application was received in the local office.
- Issue Form 1721 if the unit does not have all required verifications at the interview. Allow the unit 10 calendar days to provide missing verification.
- If the unit does not provide the required proof within the time allowed, deny the application.
- Determine eligibility and benefit amount.
- If eligible, prorate benefits from the date of application.
- If ineligible for the fiscal month of application but eligible for the following month do not require a new application. Authorize a full month's benefits for the following fiscal month. The following fiscal month is the first month of the approval period.
NOTE: If the missing verification is for an expense, approve the application using $0 for the unverified expense.
If an applicant fails to appear for the scheduled SNAP REDE interview, deny the application.