IES Phase 2 Process
Upon implementation of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) phase 2, the process for completing a redetermination is changed. The REDE process is described in PM 19-02-04.
- Conduct all activities related to a REDE within 30 days. The 30-day period begins with the date the REDE form (Form 643 or Form 643G) is completed and ends with the date ongoing eligibility for benefits is determined.
- Note the month and year this determination of eligibility is made in Item 30 on Form 552. Report the REDE when:
- all financial factors of eligibility have been verified; and
- all related nonfinancial factor verifications have been initiated and there is no reason to believe that these verifications will alter the information supplied by the client.
- Only the following nonfinancial factors may remain pending as previously described:
- age; and
- Pending verifications must be controlled and listed at the top of Form 2027, Form 2027B, or Form 4002. All pending elements must be satisfied before the next regular REDE.
- File all REDE forms, verification documents, and/or any 3rd party correspondence in the case record. A case recording is not required.