(FCRC) For GA applications, do not approve the request for coverage of the one-month medical backdate period for any person(s) if:
- they received a cash payment from another Family Community Resource Center in Illinois in the month immediately before the month of application.
If eligible, backdate medical coverage only for the month before the month of application.
Determine eligibility for medical backdate by person based on:
- the amount of countable income received during the backdate month; and
- the level of countable assets during the backdate month.
Enter on the correct AIS screen, verification of eligibility and income for the backdate month. When there is no eligibility for medical backdate, enter on the correct AIS screen the denial TAR for the backdate month.
Before deciding on GA medical backdate, first determine regular MANG eligibility for the backdate period when:
- the applicant is determined ineligible for TANF/AABD cash or regular MANG for nonfinancial reasons; and
- the applicant is later determined eligible for GA via case progression.
(System) Automatically enters the first day of the backdate month (the month before the month of application) on the proper AIS screen when:
- a case is processed through AIS; and
- applicant is eligible for GA medical backdate.
(FCRC) When processing through IPACS, enter the first day of the month before the month of application in Item 77 of Form 552, to approve the medical backdate period. Complete and send the Form 360 series to the client.
Subsection, Medical Backdate (Form 360F), informs the client about:
- the person ineligible for backdating; and
- the reason for backdating ineligibility.
For both AIS and IPACS, The approval notice must include information about eligibility for medical backdating for all persons included in the approved case, unless the applicant declines medical backdating. The approval notice must
list the names of the persons who are ineligible for medical backdate and the reason for the denial.
Approving Medical Backdate Under a Different Category
(FCRC) When a GA application is approved through AIS and some or all of the unit members are eligible for medical backdate under a regular Medical program:
- process a TA 10 via IPACS to approve and cancel the medical case for the backdate month(s) only.
- Sends the Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical, and/or Food Stamps (Form 360C), if not suppressed. Form 360C advises the client of medical eligibility for the backdate month(s).
NOTE: This medical coverage provides a wider range of medical benefits. Coverage can be through AABD Medical, All Kids Assist/Moms and Babies, or 94R.
Example: Application moves through case progression and is approved via AIS for cash and medical under Category 07. A category 94R case is registered through IPACS for 2 children age 17 and under.
Family Community Resource Center process a TA 10 via IPACS to approve and cancel the category 94R case for the backdate month(s) only.
Form 360C is centrally sent for the category 07 case. Based on information entered on the AIS Medical Backdate Screen, Form 360C advises the client of eligibility for medical backdate for the adults and children.
(FCRC) If the original GA application is approved through IPACS, and some or all of the unit members are eligible for medical backdate under a regular Medical program:
- register an application under the Medical program for the backdate month(s);
- process a TA 10 (Approve and Cancel) via IPACS for the medical backdate month(s) only; and
- complete and send the Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical, and/or Food Stamps - Local (Form 360 Series), to client. Enter information about medical eligibility for the backdate period in subsection, Medical Backdate (Form