(FCRC) Approve benefits for the Initial Prorated Period (IPE) in this way:
- For a client who does not reside in a sheltered care home, begin with the 30th day after the date of application.
- For a client who resides in a sheltered care home, begin with the date of application or the date of entry into the sheltered care home, whichever is later. If the client enters the sheltered care home after the 30th day following the date of application, begin with the 30th day after the date of application.
- Continue initial eligibility through the day before the first day of the first regular roll month.
Issue initial benefits:
- totally through Illinois Link; and
- partly by disbursing order and the balance by Illinois Link.
The system centrally computes the IPE when:
- an income/deduction amount applied to the IPE is also deducted from the regular monthly benefit, or
- needs included in the IPE period are continued in the regular monthly benefit.
The Family Community Resource Center computes the IPE as an exception to central prorate when:
- income/deductions are applied to the IPE that are not deducted from the regular monthly benefit, or
- income/deductions not applied to the IPE period are deducted from the regular monthly benefit, or
- needs are included in the IPE period which are not continued in the regular monthly, or
- needs not included in the IPE period are included in the regular monthly benefit, or
- a disbursing order is issued for food and/or rent that must be deducted from the IPE, or
- restoring assistance on a case canceled due to SSA's finding of not blind or disabled and retroactive benefits are issued to the month/year of cancellation, or
- the IPE period is for more than 60 days.
- use form 2382 to calculate AABD cash.
See WAG 11-02-06-a for a description of how to compute an IPE amount.
NOTE: For what to do when a GA client who has applied for AABD benefits becomes eligible for AABD, see WAG 02-05-11.
Approve medical benefits effective for the first month medical eligibility is established. However, do not approve medical benefits earlier than the 3rd month before the month of application.
NOTE: The policy on 3 months of medical backdating applies to DHS children under age 21 who reside in a DHS operated facility. Enter an 8 in Item 73 to approve a DHS child under age 21, who is in a DHS operated facility. If the child is in a non-DHS facility, enter a 9 in Item 73.
(System) AIS centrally generates and sends medical cards for the IPE period, and for the first regular roll month.
AABD Cash cases can only be approved through IPACS. The AABD Cash application is processed through the nonfinancial determination in AIS and, if eligible, approved through IPACS.
During the screening and/or eligibility interview ACID, AWVS, and ARS clearings are automatically generated by AIS for each application to determine whether anyone included in the unit has received benefits in the past 2 years. If anyone has received benefits in the past 2 years, AIS enters the RIN on CAF Screen 7A.
Processing an IPE
For examples showing the steps used when processing an IPE as part of the regular roll approval, see WAG 17-02-02-b.
Approval With an IPE
To provide needs before the first regular roll month and to continue needs on the regular roll, authorize the IPE and the regular roll approval on one blank Form 552. The system determines the amount of the regular monthly benefit. The IPE is centrally computed unless an exception to central prorating is entered.
The IPE period is centrally computed based on the 6-digit approval date entered in Item 2; the entries in Items 74, 80, and 90; and the total needs amount. The ending date of the prorate period is the last day of the calendar month before the first regular roll calendar month.
Approval Without an IPE
When a case is approved beginning with the regular roll month and no IPE is needed, complete Form 552 as described in WAG 25-08-02-a with the following exceptions:
- Item 2 -Enter the 4-digit effective month and year of the first regular roll month that can be met.
- Item 77 -Enter the first day of the earliest month continued eligibility exists within the 3-month period before the month of application. For example, if the application date is 05/22/98, enter 05-01-98, or 04-01-98, or 03-01-98, or 02-01-98. Do not use Item 77 to backdate for any non-continuous month.
Approval Eligible for IPE Only
When an applicant is determined eligible for the first 30 days and the IPE period, but is ineligible for the first regular roll month, the case is:
- automatically identified,
- issued an IPE, and
- canceled using the TAR for the reason for ineligibility.
If the applicant is eligible for medical beyond the IPE period, set up a Medical case effective for the fiscal month of cancellation of the AABD case. The date of application is the first day of the cancellation fiscal month.
Centrally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360C)
The Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical and/or Food Stamps (Form 360C) is centrally sent if both of the following criteria are met, and the notice is not suppressed:
- the unit is eligible for backdated medical for the entire 3-month period before the month of application and none of the 3 backdated months are spenddown; and
- the case receives FS on the AABD/FS Payee's case, and all the persons included in the FS application are included in the approved case.
Form 360C is centrally dated and mailed on the next workday following the date the approval is processed.
(System) If coded not to suppress, centrally sends Form 360C for AABD Cash applications approved through IPACS. Along with Form 360C, also sends the AABD/FS Computation (Form 4050C).
The system performs the following functions regarding the central notice process:
- Identifies the person approved for AABD Cash.
- If a request for FS was made with the AABD application:
- If income is deducted from the first regular roll benefit:
- gives the reason why a full amount was not issued;
- shows the amount deducted from the first regular roll month; and
- gives the cash amount for the first regular roll month.
- For cases receiving only an IPE, Form 360C provides the IPE amount, anticipated availability date, period covered by the IPE, and beginning and ending medical eligibility dates. The Family Community Resource Center must complete and send Form 157 to the client to advise of the reason for cancellation.
- If no Zero Grant reason code is entered in Item 34 and the system determines the case income ineligible for the first regular roll month, the system automatically suspends the case, and Form 360C is not sent. If an IPE was authorized, it is not issued. Two Forms 552 are returned to the Family Community Resource Center showing the approval and suspension.
Locally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360 Series)
(FCRC) Complete and send the Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical and/or Food Stamps-Local (Form 360) series, when:
- An AABD Cash application is approved through IPACS and does not meet the criteria for a centrally issued notice (requires code 90 in Item 39 on Form 552).
- The Family Community Resource Center wants to send a local approval notice (requires code 90 in Item 39 on Form 552).
- An AABD Cash application is later approved for Spenddown (requires code 80 in Item 39). Attach Form 458SP to Form 360D and Form 360I, Section *D**. Form 458SP advises the client about spenddown. On Form 360I, Section *D**, advise the client of the denial reason for AABD Cash.
- AABD Cash is denied after medical has been approved by a TA 10/TAR 37 action.
- An AABD Cash application is approved and one or more months in the backdate period is a spenddown month.
When the case is approved for Cash, and is enrolled or eligible for spenddown for any of the backdate months, complete Form 360E, Section B, as notification.
- The Cash application included FS, and everyone in the FS application is not included in the approved case. Complete and send the correct pages and section(s) of the Form 360 series. Complete Section *I** of Form 360 series to identify the ineligible person(s) and the reason for ineligibility.
- An applicant is not approved for AABD Cash, but is determined eligible for another program (e.g., GA or Medical). Complete Section *D** of Form 360 (Form 360I) to notify the applicant of the denial reason for each program determination that was made. Enter as the date of notice the date Form 360D is mailed.
When completing Form 360D, determine the amount of the IPE by accessing the Client Payroll Inquiry (PF7/F7 APRI) screen (see IPACS II Manual Chapter 700). Access APRI about 48 hours after the approval was entered on the computer. Enter the IPE amount in subsection, Approved Cash and/or Medical.
Along with Form 360, send the AABD/FS Computation (Form 4050).
See WAG 26-02-01-a for detailed information on how to complete the Form 360 Series.