Approval as Presumed Eligible
During the application process, the eligibility worker may issue benefits before all required verifications are obtained.
- Determine if the criteria for approving a case as presumtively eligible are met (see PM 17-02-01-b).
- If the criteria for approving the case as presumptively eligible are met, approve the case per PM 17-02-01.
- Complete and send the Authorization of Assistance - Presumptive Eligibility (Form 2468) to notify the applicant of the decision to issue benefits on a presumptively eligible basis.
NOTE: For cases where the caretaker relative is an alleged father, see WAG 03-05-01-b.
Review of Ongoing Eligibility
When all eligibility criteria have been verified, no further action is needed.
End cash assistance for ineligible persons when:
- Requested verifications are not received in 3 months; or
- DCSS reports the alleged father does not cooperate with establishing paternity; or
- DCSS reports that paternity is failed.