Identify a representative payee (RPY) for a client who:
- is under the age of 18; or
- is age 18 and over and chooses to have an RPY; and
- does not have a guardian.
If the person agrees to act as the representative payee for the case, ensure that they complete and sign an application for AABD or MANG.
You do not need to verify relationship and "living with" conditions for AABD.
For active cases, to change a representative payee (RPY):
- Request new representative payee to complete and sign an application.
- Change the case ID number.