Allow a deduction to maintain a home in the community if a MANG client enters a nursing home, only if:
- the person does not have a spouse and/or child(ren) in the home; and
- a doctor has certified the person is likely to return home within 6 months.
- Allow this deduction in AIS or on HFS 2500.
- Send the HFS 2500 with the approval notice or Form 2434C.
- Set a control to look at it within 6 months of the month of admission. Find out whether the person will be returning home or remaining in the nursing home. Do not allow the deduction for more than 6 months.