For applicants and clients who are not receiving the shelter allowance, issue a disbursing order when the client:
- does not have a permanent place to live, and
- the client has found a place to live and needs the first month's rent in order to move in, and
- the landlord will accept a disbursing order for payment.
The amount of the disbursing order may not exceed the lesser of:
- the monthly benefit amount that the client qualifies for (including a shelter allowance), or
- the shelter maximum ($97) plus the standard allowance for expenses included in the rent, or
- the actual shelter cost.
If the client is a boarder, the amount of the disbursing order may not exceed the lesser of the maximum board allowance, or the monthly benefit amount, or the actual cost of board.