- Treat reimbursements that do not exceed actual expenses as exempt income. When a reimbursement covers multiple expenses, each expense does not have to be separately identified as long as none of the reimbursement covers normal living expenses.
Reimbursements may be for:
- job or training related expenses,
- per diem,
- transportation to and from job;
- travel expenses for migrant workers;
- out-of-pocket expenses of volunteers;
- medical expenses;
- dependent care expenses; or
- services provided by Title XX of the Social Security Act.
- Treat the difference between the reimbursement and the actual expense as income if the reimbursement is more than the expense.
NOTE: A reimbursement does not exceed the actual expense unless the provider or FS unit indicates otherwise.