Benefits paid under the following Federal programs are exempt:
- Payments received under Title II of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970.
- Payments received under Title I of P.L. 100-383 of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, made to U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens of Japanese ancestry who were interned during World War II.
- Payments distributed or held in trust for members of any Indian Tribe under P.L. 92-254.
- Payments under Title II of P.L. 100-383 of the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Restitution Act, made to any civilian Aleut who during Word War II, was relocated by authority of the United States from their home village to an internment camp, or other
temporary facility or location. Also eligible are persons who were born while their natural mother was subject to the relocation.
- Payments made through the Victims of Crime Act of 1984.