To identify the type of veteran's benefits being received or a unit member who is eligible for such benefits:
Enter one of the following codes in Item 90 of Form 552 or the appropriate ACM screen:
- Enter 517 - Veteran's Benefits - Meets Food Stamp Definition of Qualifying Household Member, when a person in the GA unit meets one of the following:
- A veteran with a service connected disability rated or paid as totally disabled by the Veteran's Administration (VA) or a veteran considered by the VA to be in need of regular aid and attendance or permanently housebound.
- A veteran's surviving spouse who is considered in need of aid and attendance or considered permanently housebound by the VA or a veteran's surviving child who is considered permanently incapable of self-support by the VA.
- A veteran's surviving spouse or child entitled to compensation for a service-connected death or pension benefits for a non-service connected death from the VA if the spouse or child also has a disability considered permanent under Social Security
- Enter Code 617 - Veteran's Benefits - Not Based on Disability, when a person in the GA unit is receiving veteran's benefits, but does not meet one of the above definitions.