Benefits paid under the following Federal programs are exempt:
- Experimental Housing Allowance Program payments made under Annual Contracts Contributions entered into before January 1, 1975, under Section 23 of the U.S. Housing Act of 1937.
- Payments received under Title II of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970.
- Payments made to veterans or their survivors from the Agent Orange Settlement Fund or any other fund referencing Agent Orange product liability under P.L. 101-201.
- Payment received under the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (P.L. 101-426).
- Payments received under Title I of P.L. 100-383 of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, made to U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens of Japanese ancestry who were interned during World War II.
- Payments distributed or held in trust for members of any Indian Tribe under P.L. 92-254, P.L. 93-134, or P.L. 94-540.
- Tax-exempt portions of payments made under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
- Starting October 17, 1975, any payments made or held in trust for members of Indian tribes under Section 5 of P.L. 94-114.
- Payments under Title II of P.L. 100-383 of the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Restitution Act, made to any civilian Aleut who during World War II, was relocated by authority of the United States from their home village to an internment camp, or other
temporary facility or location. Also eligible are persons who were born while their natural mother was subject to the relocation.
- German Reparations Payments made under the German Restitution Act to certain survivors of the Holocaust. The payments may be made periodically or as a lump sum.
- Up to $2,000 per year of income received by individual Indians, that is derived from leases or other uses of individually owned trust or restricted lands under Section 13736 of P.L. 103-66.
- Payments made through the Victims of Crime Act of 1984.