Funds received under the following payment programs are exempt by Federal Statute.
- Benefits received from the special supplemental food program for women, infants, and children (WIC), P.L. 92-443, Sec. 9.
- Value of food assistance received under the Child Nutrition Act of 1966, and the special food service program for children under the National School Lunch Act.
- Money payments or allowances for energy assistance, including tax credits, made to a SNAP unit by DHS, and energy payments from the Department of Commerce and Community Affairs (DCCA), or any energy assistance payments made under Federal law.
- Reimbursements from the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policy Act of 1970, P.L. 91-646, Sec. 216.
- Financial assistance provided by a program funded in whole or in part under Title IV of the Higher Education Act.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) payments, received as part of an income tax refund.
- Money received from the Social Security Administration under a Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS).
- Payments made to veterans or their survivors from the Agent Orange Settlement Fund or any other fund referencing Agent Orange product liability under P.L. 101-201.
- Payments to certain United States citizens of Japanese ancestry and resident Japanese aliens and certain eligible Aleuts made under P.L. 100-383.
- Payments under P.L. 103-286 to persons due to their status as victims of Nazi persecution.
- Payments received under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of the Sac and Fox Indian Claims Agreement, P.L. 92-203, Sec. 21(a) or the Sac and Fox Indian claims agreement, P.L. 94-189.
- Payments received by certain Indian tribal members, regarding submarginal land held in trust by the United States, P.L. 94-114, Sec. 6.
- Income received from the disposition of funds to the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians.
- Payments received by the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakima Indian Nation and the Apache Tribe of the Mescalero Reservation from the Indian Claims Commission.
- Payments to the Passamaquoddy Tribe and Penobscot Nation or any of their members received pursuant to the Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act of 1980.
- Payments of relocation assistance to members of the Navajo and Hopi Tribes made under P.L. 93-531.