SNAP asset limits do not apply to categorically eligible units. The asset limits for noncategorically eligible SNAP units are:
- $3,250 for a unit with at least one person who is a qualifying member (see PM 05-06-01); or
- $2,250 for all other SNAP units.
- When determining eligibility use the unit's assets that are available at the time of the interview.
- Except for categorically eligible units (see PM 05-07-00), deny or cancel benefits whenever the value of nonexempt assets exceeds the correct asset limit.
- Always verify assets, except for:
- SNAP units entitled to expedited service; or
- units that are categorically eligible.