As a condition of eligibility for medical benefits, an adult must:
- provide any needed information about third party medical payment sources; and
- obtain free health insurance coverage for themselves and/or dependents when it is provided by their employer or union.
For clients with a high cost medical condition who can enroll in cost effective health insurance, the client must obtain the insurance to be eligible for medical benefits.
This requirement applies to all adults including:
- minor caretaker relatives,
- 2 adults when both are in the case, and
- those adults receiving a different type of assistance than their child, e.g., child receives AABD medical and the adult, TANF.