Accept the person's statement as to why they voluntarily quit the job. Only request proof of the statement when you doubt the facts as given. The SNAP unit must provide the needed information. If they have a hard time getting the information, offer to
assist in getting the needed items.
Acceptable proof includes information from:
- a former employer,
- employee associations,
- grievance committees or organizations,
- Human Rights Commission records, and
- an Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint.
Use other sources when written proof cannot be obtained. Do not impose a work sanction if the needed proof cannot be verified because:
- a person quit a job due to discrimination or unfair demands by an employer, or
- the employer cannot be located.