Client Establishes Good Cause
If the client establishes good cause to the FSE&T worker after the sanction is imposed, the following actions are taken:
- (FSE) Sends a Form 139 to the Family Community Resource Center advising them to repeal the sanction.
- (FCRC) Resume the case by coding and submitting the current Form 552 using Item 33 TAR 06 (see WAG 03-14-03-e). Authorize GA benefits and food
stamps for any period of unmet need.
- (FCRC) Complete and return a copy of the Form 139 to the FSE&T worker advising that benefits have been restored.
Client Becomes Exempt
If a sanctioned client becomes exempt for any reason, resume the GA case at the client's request.
- (Client) Verifies exempt status and requests resumption of benefits.
- (FCRC) Resume the case by coding and submitting the current Form 552 using Item 33 TAR 06 (see WAG 03-14-03-e). Authorize benefits
effective the date the client verified the exemption. Disregard the remaining portion of the sanction period.