The Reconciliation Process is a way to:
- resolve disputes with the client about the activities in the plan; and
- address reasons why a client fails to comply with a requirement; and
- make sure the client is aware of the issue; and
- identify if a client has good cause for not doing an activity; and
- allow the client to perform the required activities without facing sanction.
Complete the process when:
- a client receiving TANF benefits fails to comply; or
- a disagreement about a TANF client's plan or participation cannot be resolved.
A client may request that reconciliation take place.
Start the reconciliation process right away, but no later than 14 days after the client fails to meet a requirement or there is a disagreement.