At application, or when adding a person to a case, ask each person to provide a Social Security Number (SSN). Ask to see the Social Security card, unless the person only wants medical. If the person only wants medical, ask only for the Social Security
number and not to see the card. For a reapplication, complete an ACID inquiry (PF/F1) to see if an SSN was entered on the previous case.
Refer each person directly to the local Social Security Administration District Office:
- who does not have a document showing their SSN; or
- who needs a replacement SSN card; or
- who does not have a previously assigned verified SSN on the Client Data Base (an SSN could not be located on the ACID inquiry); or
- whose SSN does not provide a good matching record (no match or wrong person) from the AWVS (PF/F3); or
- whose SSN cannot be verified by SOLQ.
If a person provides a verifiable SSN, enter the SSN as shown on the document on AIS screen #3C, or in Item 60 on Form 552. Verify the SSN by viewing the client's Social Security Card or a document such as a driver's license, or other card with their
signature or photo. File a copy of the item used to verify the SSN in the case record until the SSN is validated.
AIS enters the SSN on the automated Summary of Case Information (Form 1376C). If the manual Form 1376 is used, enter the SSN on the form.
When verifying a person's SSN, remember that:
- No valid SSN has all zeros in any of the 3 segments. For example, all of the following SSNs are invalid:
- No valid SSN has 9 identical digits or has the 9 digits running consecutively from 1-9. For example, all of the following SSNs are invalid:
- The client's SSN is not the same as their Recipient Identification Number (RIN).
The Automated Intake System (AIS) includes an SOLQ clearance for each SSN entered in the Screening Subsystem (including Mail-In Applications) and in the Add/Change/Delete Module upon the addition of a person within the household. An SOLQ clearance is
also completed for applications registered using the Single Contact Module (Option U) in the Eligibility Subsystem. The clearance is automatic at Intake and is immediately available for online viewing.
SOLQ provides direct online access to SSA's Master Benefit Record. The SSA and SSI information provided in the SOLQ system is printed in the Family Community Resource Center for immediate viewing.
NOTE: If a person is added through the ADD/CHANGE/DELETE option in the AIS Eligibility System or an SSN is added or changed on CAF Screen #3C in the Eligibility System, the system will automatically generate an SOLQ
If data is successfully returned from the inquiry, the system displays the date the information was received under the heading on the screen entitled Received Date.
Types of available information are listed on the SOLQ Client/SSA Inquiry Screen. Return to CAF Screen #3C; check the current number listed under Social Security number for correctness. If the number is correct, enter the Letter C under Verification
Location. Place a copy of the SOLQ response in the case record.
If SOLQ does not validate the SSN, process a Form 1925 to SSA/PCU.