This includes care provided by non-responsible relatives (age 18 or over) in their home or in the child's home. Payment may be made to a relative who lives in the child's home, as long as the relative is not included in the TANF benefit unit with the child.
No more than 3 children may be cared for at any one time, including the provider's own children, unless all the children are from the same household.
The following relatives are not eligible for payment as providers:
- a legally responsible relative,
- a parent's spouse who lives with the child,
- a stepparent who is the child's caretaker relative,
- a parent's former spouse who lives with the child and is a parent of the child's sibling,
- persons in the same TANF benefit unit with the child.