To qualify for initial and ongoing waiver services all of the following criteria must be met:
- the person must be under age 21; and
- a physician must determine that the person requires a level of care provided by a hospital or long term care facility, but can be provided outside of an institution; and
- the person is determined disabled according to Social Security Administraton standards; and
- the estimated cost of care outside an institution is less than the estimated cost in an institution; and
- the person meets federal immigration requirements; and
- the person would otherwise be eligible for Medicaid if their responsible relative's income and assets were not considered.