Generally only those medical services and items described in PM Chapter 20 are covered under Medicaid for eligible MANG clients. For Waiver Program clients, the following additional services are covered:
- case management services,
- respite care services,
- environmental modification services,
- private duty nursing services,
- home health care aides,
- special medical supplies, equipment, and appliances,
- medically supervised day care, and
- maintenance placement counseling.
In addition to the services covered by HFS, waiver clients require additional non-medical support services which are needed to prevent the person from being institutionalized. These services not covered under Medicaid, may be provided through another
state agency or a community organization.