- Decide eligibility using assets and nonfinancial requirements.
When deciding initial or ongoing eligibility for someone who has lost SSI benefits:
- Access the SOLQ Inquiry system (see WAG 22-14-03-c) to find the Medicaid Eligibility Code field. Code D in the Medicaid Eligibility Code is proof that the person is a disabled adult child who is entitled to medical as an AABD zero benefit case.
- Contact SSA to find out if the client lost SSI benefits because of receiving more in Social Security benefits than the SSI level if:
- code D is not present, and
- the client is 18 years or older, and
- the Social Security claim suffix starts with C.
- Approve a zero benefit case using zero benefit reason 7, Disabled Adult Children, in Box 34 of Form 552.
NOTE: Do not approve medical as a Category 93 case.