A person who is required to be in the SNAP unit, but who cannot receive SNAP benefits for one of the following reasons is an ineligible SNAP unit member. Ineligible SNAP unit members are:
- Members sanctioned for:
- Intentional Program Violation (IPV) or
- failure to comply with the work provisions; or
- Members who are ineligible because they are:
- fugitive felons or
- probation/parole violators; or
- Members excluded because they:
- do not meet Social Security Number policy, or
- do not meet the work requirement, or
- are ineligible noncitizens, or
- have not had their citizen/INS status verified.
When a member becomes ineligible during the SNAP unit's approval period, review the unit's ongoing eligibility. Use information in the case record as the basis of the review.