Residential treatment facilities approved to accept SNAP benefits from their residents have the following responsibilities:
- The facility:
- is responsible for fraud or untruths committed by its employees acting as authorized representatives for residents who receive SNAP benefits;
- must be aware of the resident's circumstances when applying on their behalf;
- is liable for any loss, misuse, or overpayment of SNAP benefits that occurs while the client is a resident;
- must provide the local Family and Community Resource Center (FCRC) with a monthly activity report of the facility's SNAP clients and their authorized representative. The report must be signed by the facility director.
- must immediately notify the Family Community Resource Center in writing whenever there is a change in the resident's circumstances that may affect eligibility, such as changes in residence, income, and assets; and
- must return the Illinois Link card to departing clients.