Use the following special definitions when deciding who to include in the Filing Unit.
- A TANF applicant is a person included in a TANF application.
- A TANF client is a person included in a TANF case.
- Eligible refers to a person who meets all the nonfinancial eligibility factors for TANF.
- A dependent child is a person who is included in a TANF application or case as a child.
- A minor parent is a mother, legal father, or pregnant woman under age 19 who can qualify as a child in the TANF case.
- A parent is a child's natural or adopted mother or legal father.
- A sibling is a natural (blood-related) or adopted brother or sister. This includes half-brothers and sisters (a mother or legal father in common).
- A stepparent is the spouse of a child's natural or adoptive parent.