- (SSA) When a client applies for SSI, an SSA employee may contact the Family Community Resource Center by phone or in writing to verify:
- The monthly TANF benefit.
- The monthly TANF benefit had the SSI claimant not been included in the unit.
- The amount of cash benefits paid to meet the needs of the SSI claimant. To determine this amount, subtract item 1b. from item 1a.
- The date the SSI claimant will be removed from the case.
- (FCRC) Provide SSA with the requested information.
- (FCRC) Delete the SSI client from the TANF case.
NOTE: When a person is deleted due to receipt of SSI (TA 34/ TAR 03), a batch exception message is sent to the Family Community Resource Center. The message alerts the Family Community Resource Center to determine Medical eligibility for the deleted person.
- (FCRC) Determine Medical eligibility effective for the same month as the TANF deletion action.
- (FCRC) Open a case and assign an AABD Medical or All Kids case number (91, 92, 93, 94, or 96) for the deleted person.
If income and/or assets exceed the correct standard, enroll the case in spenddown.
- (FCRC) Open a new case record, or file the case record material for the new case in the current TANF case record if:
- the payee for the current TANF and the new Medical case is the same, and
- the name on both cases is identical, and
- everyone in the cases lives in the same dwelling, and
- everyone in the cases is related by blood or marriage.
To set up a Medical case see WAG 02-05-02 and WAG 17-02-04.