For instructions on changing a client's address and/or transferring a case to another Family Community Resource Center see WAG 18-07-00.
Temporary Absence from Illinois
- (Client) Tells the Family Community Resource Center of plans to be temporarily absent from Illinois.
- (FCRC) Discuss with client their continued need for benefits.
- (FCRC) Ask client how long they expect to be gone.
- (FCRC) Give clients Questionnaire for Out-of-State Recipients (Form 143). If the client does not return the Form 143 within 10 days, cancel benefits on the basis that Illinois residence does not exist.
- (FCRC) Determine if the client remains eligible while out of state. For TANF and AABD cases, use the information from the Form 143.
- If the case remains eligible, continue benefits.
- If the client cannot be located, send a Form 157 to the last known address. State on the Form 157 that their case is being canceled because residence cannot be determined.