This information is for individuals in Home-Based Services and Supports (HBS) who hire their own workers and who wish to change their fiscal/employer agents (F/EAs).
Process and Procedure
- Individuals or their representatives may change F/EAs before the start of any fiscal quarter but may do so only once per calendar year. The previous procedure was to allow the changing of an F/EA only during the last quarter of the calendar year.
- To change F/EAs, individuals or representatives must send the Fiscal/Employer Agent Transfer Request (docx) to the new F/EA and work with the new F/EA to complete all necessary enrollments for the employer and employee(s). The contact information for the two HBS F/EAs is provided below.
- When a request is initiated, the transfer form must be faxed or mailed to the new F/EA two months before the beginning of the next quarter.
- Completed enrollment packets must be received by the new F/EA one month prior to the beginning of the next quarter.
- Because payroll is issued two weeks after services are provided, the new F/EA will issue the second payroll of the new quarter. If questions concerning payroll arise, contact the issuing F/EA.
- Changes are made at the start of a new quarter to ensure the accurate reporting of taxes.
F/EA Contact Information
830 S. Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62704
Contact: Craig Morrison
Toll Free Phone: (877) 223-7781
Fax Number: (217) 528-9849
Web site: www.mycil.org
One Cabot Drive, Suite 102
Medford, MA 02155
Contact: Customer Service, Illinois DD Project
Toll Free Number: (888) 866-0582
Toll Free Fax Number: (866) 826-7287
Web site: www.publicpartnerships.com
Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Dave Adden at: Dave.Adden@illinois.gov or (217) 524-0848.
This policy goes into effect immediately.