- Provides a zero tolerance housing environment that promotes a self supportive, self governing living arrangement for individuals and up to two of their children who have successfully completed a DASA licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Program.
- For information, contact:
- Carolyn Hartfield - (312) 814-5809
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
- Kalimba House Corporation - Toll Free (855) 255-6108
Oxford Houses of Illinois - Directory
Our Mission Statements:
- To assist our customers in achieving maximum self-sufficiency, independence and health through the provision of seamless, integrated services for individuals, families and communities. DHS will be guided by the principle that there is "No Wrong Door" for any of our customers. This dictates that we have a seamless service delivery approach that is: Customer Centered; Pro-Active; Innovative; Collaborative; Performance and Outcome Driven; Dynamic Efficient and Effective; Solution Oriented; and Technology Sensitive.
- Michelle R.B. Saddler, Secretary - Illinois Department of Human Services
- The Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse envisions a society in which people with a history of alcohol or drug problems, people in recovery, and people at risk for these problems are valued and treated with dignity and where stigma, accompanying attitudes, discrimination, and other barriers to recovery are eliminated. We envision a society in which substance abuse and dependence is recognized as a public health issue, a treatable illness for which individuals deserve treatment. We also strive for a society in which high quality services for alcohol and drug problems are widely available and where treatment is recognized as a specialized field of expertise.
- Theodora Binion, Director - Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse