What is the purpose of this service?
To increase family reunification/preserve and stabilize families; and to divert or minimize involvement in the child welfare and/or juvenile justice systems.
Who can receive these services?
- Youth 11 to 17 years of age
- Youth who are at risk of involvement with the child welfare system
- Youth who are at risk of involvement with the juvenile justice system
- 24/7 Services are available to youth who:
- have been locked out of their home/parents will not allow them to return home
- have run away from home, or
- are beyond the control of parents and in immediate physical danger
- are homeless without their parents.
- DCFS wards are not eligible for CCBYS Services.
What services are offered?
- Statewide 24 hour crisis intervention services
- Juvenile justice system intervention services
- Ensure the safety of youth
- Individual and family crisis intervention
- Conduct Crisis/Safety Assessment
- Develop and implement crisis stabilization plan
- Reunification and family preservation services
- Provide Placement services for crisis youth - Shelter, foster care, etc.
- Conduct full YASI assessments (Initial Assessment, Reassessment and/or Closing Assessment)
- Conduct additional assessments as needed (mental health, substance abuse; trauma, etc.)
- Develop and implement an individualized case plan to address identified needs
- Work with youth and family to increase protective factors and decrease risk factors
- Develop and implement a discharge plan
- Provide appropriate referral and follow-up
See the Logic Model: CCBYS Logic Model
How to apply?
Anyone can request services for an eligible youth, including the youth.
To locate your closest provider for services: CCBYS Provider List or contact the toll-free CCBYS Information Line at 1-877-870-2663.