What is the purpose of this service?
Comprehensive Community Based Youth Services (CCBYS) provides crisis assistance to youth who have run away from home or have been kicked out of their homes.
Who can receive these services?
- Youth 11 to 17 years of age
- Youth who are at risk of being involved with DCFS, or the legal system.
- Services are for those youth who:
- have been locked out of their home,
- have run away from home, or
- are homeless without their parents.
- Services may also be available for youth at high-risk of any of the above.
What services are offered?
- helping with a crisis,
- bringing families back together,
- counseling for youth and family, and
- finding youth a place to live.
How to apply?
To locate your closest provider for services, visit: CCBYS Provider List or contact the toll-free CCBYS Information Line at 1-877-870-2663.
You can request services if you are:
- a Youth,
- a Parent or Guardian,
- a Police Officer,
- a school staff member,
- a friend, or
- a Youth Service Agency.