What is the purpose of this service?
Office of Inspector General 24-hour Hotline 1-800-368-1463 (Voice or TTY)
To investigate allegations of abuse or neglect in the following locations:
- DHS-operated facilities
- community agency programs providing mental health services or developmental disability services.
- domestic settings if the alleged victim has mental illness or a developmental or physical disability and is unable to seek or obtain help on his/her own.
We also investigate deaths that occur in the facility or within two weeks of deflection, discharge, or transfer to another setting.
Anyone can call to report an allegation.
Who can recieve these services?
- Persons receiving services in one of DHS's nine mental health centers or nine developmental centers.
- Persons receiving services from community agency programs providing mental health services or developmental disability services.
- Persons with mental illness, a developmental or physical disability in domestic settings.
More Information & Resources