General Tips In Securing Grants
Fund sources want good proposals and are willing to help you. Give them a call and ask questions. However, be certain that you have done your homework first and that you are not asking questions already answered in their literature.
- Be certain that you are eligible according to their policy and your tax status.
- Develop your program before you begin your fund search. Otherwise, how would you know where to begin your search?
- Whether you request funds from federal, state, private, corporate, or a local source, you will be asked to describe the details of your program.
- Your program must solve the problem in which the fund source is interested.
- Budget - How much are you requesting from the fund source?
- If you are awarded a grant, your program and proposal will become a contract.
Fund sources like to partner on programs. If you have one fund source willing to invest in your program, chances are you can attract others.
(Source: Polaris Grants Central)