This code lists for categories 00, 90, 04, and 06. A case that contains code 3 in Item 78 is not selected for code B.
This code identifies children in the unit who will reach 18 years of age the month of the PAL.
Casework Action for TANF
- Verify whether the 18 year old is a full-time student in high school or in an equivalent vocational/technical training program. In Cook County, the Chicago Board of Education (CBOE) Online system can be used to verify school status.
If the child meets the above school requirements, the child remains eligible. Be sure Item 73 is coded 5 for the child.
Enter a code B in Item 73 of Form 552 if the child is not attending high school full-time. The child remains eligible for the month in which age 18 is reached, but is ineligible for the month after. A child coded B in Item 73 is automatically changed to medical for the fiscal month following the calendar month in which age 18 is reached. If there is no other eligible child, the case is automatically swapped to category 94 or 96. Form 157C is sent by the system.
- If the child is already age 18 and does not meet the school requirements, change them to medical only with Item 78 code 3. If no child remains eligible for cash, swap to category 94 or 96.
- When the 18 year old is a full-time student in high school or in an equivalent vocational/technical training program, remove the case from the PAL by entering a B in Item 52.
Casework Action for RRP
- Verify whether the 18 year old is a full-time student in high school or in an equivalent vocational/technical training program.
- If the child is in high school full time, the child remains eligible. If the child is in college full-time, the child is ineligible.
- If the child is neither, the child is eligible for a Category 00 or 90 case as an adult. Set up a separate case for the child. If no other children, set up a separate case for each adult.