Except for EZ REDE Units, SNAP units must report the following changes within 10 calendar days of the date they learn about the change. For income-related changes, consider the date the first payment is received (as a result of the change) as
the date the client learned about the change.
- When they get, change, or lose a job.
- When monthly earned income changes by more than $100.
- When the source of unearned income changes, or the amount changes by more than $50. The client does not have to report changes in any cash benefit from the Department.
- Change in SNAP unit size.
- Change of address and new shelter costs. Provide the client with the opportunity to register to vote when a change of address is reported in person (see PM
- Obtaining a licensed vehicle.
- When total cash on hand, stocks, bonds, and money in a bank or savings account reach or exceed a total of $2000.
- When the order to pay child support changes or ends, for SNAP units that receive a deduction for child support payments.
Applicants are to report all changes at the eligibility interview. A change that happens after the eligibility interview and before the notice of decision must be reported within 10 calendar days after the date of the notice.
EZ REDE Units are only required to report when their income exceeds the Gross Monthly Income Standard for the unit's size. A case that meets EZ REDE criteria is an EZ REDE Unit from the date of approval. An active case is converted to
an EZ REDE Unit when EZ REDE status is coded in Item 36. A case is an EZ REDE Unit until the case no longer meets EZ REDE criteria in; see PM 19-07-01. The
entire time the case is an EZ REDE Unit, the client is only responsible to report when their income exceeds the Gross Monthly Income Standard.
For income-related changes, consider the date the first payment is received (as a result of the change) as the date the client learned about the change.